We are starting a new inspirational series at the Manoucher Kitchen. Throughout the year we will be exploring and sharing internationally inspired recipes using our bread. Join us and share your own recipes with us!
Today we are sharing a dish inspired by Bolani, a popular Afghani dish.
Bolani is a flat-bread from Afghanistan, baked or fried filled with vegetables. For stuffing, multiple ingredients can be used, such as potatoes, lentils, pumpkin, chives, or leeks.
- Manoucher Sliced FOKACHIO bread
- Mashed potatoes (4 Medium-sized potatoes)
- Chopped green onion (1/2 cup)
- 2 green chilies (optional if you don’t like spicy)
- Salt to taste
- A handful of coriander
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Mix mashed potatoes, chopped onion, salt, black pepper, coriander, and chilies.
- Slice our Manoucher sliced FOKACHIO bread into portion sizes (we got 7 generous triangled shaped portions).
- Spread the mixture evenly into one half of the bread, top with the other half.
- Lightly pan fry both sides till golden brown.
- Serve warm with a side of yogurt, chutney or curd for dipping!
Do you have a traditional dish that you enjoy pairing up with Manoucher Bread? We would love to hear from you! Reach out on social media or email us at email@example.com!